Sunday 13 September 2015

Just starting PID 3260 Professional Practice

Hello! I am Gary Franceschini!  I instruct Hair Design at the Vancouver Community College (VCC) downtown campus.  As well recognized hair industry professional with twenty four years experience it inspired me to starting sharing my talents, techniques and passion! I wanted to share with aspiring individuals that desire work in my industry.  My six year instruction tenure with VCC has been amazing!  Now I am giving back to the beauty industry and engaging new talent to get out there and make a name for themselves.

In addition to teaching, staying industry relevant by working in a salon I also have time to enjoy many hobbies, passions, and interests. I am very active with animal rescue, particularly with that of unwanted exotic birds. Another hobby is interior design and decorating for a variety of holidays, especially Christmas. My talent for seasonal decorating has developed into a small business offering professional Christmas tree decorating.  This new endeavor's true reward is the joy and happiness it brings to my clients.

Naturally, education is a huge interest of mine!  Once my Provincial Instructors Diploma Program (PIDP) is complete, I will target my next goal to achieve a Masters in Education (M. Ed.) with Simon Fraser University for the April intake.

I am returning to my blog after a gorgeous summer which has keep me away since April.  I am now nearing the end of my of PIDP courses. 3260 looks like a great course, one that will pull from all the other PIDP courses and bring it all together. So far, I am in love with the textbook and will post about it later. I am confident that 3260 will help me reflect and strengthen my personal teaching philosophy.

I look forward to interacting with my classmates and instructor online in the coming weeks. Good luck with the course everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment